Here in Singapore, we can count ourselves pretty fortunate - being shielded from the bulk of the ills facing our world. However, as part of the vast humanity at large - nonetheless, we can't help but be affected still - in one way or another - by the spill-over effects of the above.
Truly, in such volatile and turbulent times as now, I - like many others - have been trying hard to make sense of what's really happening around us, while going about my daily life as a Husband, a Father, a Son, a Business Owner and a Fitness Professional.
|Cozying up to the love of my life - my wife, Shirley.|
The following are just some of the very random and personal thoughts that have popped into my mind this past week as I ponder upon the many affairs that pertain to our world, to life, fitness, training and more ....
1) We need Love, Understanding & Compassion - more than ever before in our world today.
2) Always seek to live LIFE to the fullest.
3) CHERISH those around us because they will not always be around.
4) Sometimes the best thing to do is simply to Let Go and Let GOD.
5) Love what you do, and do what you Love.
6) Educate, don't just teach (or preach).
7) Integrate, NOT isolate.
8) Train movements, not muscles.
9) Be Real. Be Yourself.
10) Exercise is BOTH a Science & an Art - learn to blend both together.
11) You Are (Really) What You Eat.
12) One is NEVER Too Old or Too Young to start exercising.
13) Master Bodyweight Training - so you have no excuses not to workout anymore!
14) Variety is the spice of life (and training).
15) If you don't like what you see in the mirror, WORK on it!
16) You LOSE what you don't USE.
17) Think FAT LOSS, not weight loss.
18) Learn to have FUN!
19) It's OK to have an Off-Day. Don't beat yourself up. Get up, get over it and KEEP GOING!
20) Don't compare yourself to others. We're all DIFFERENT!
21) ANY exercise is better than no exercise.
22) Train FUNCTIONALLY - and the aesthetics department will take care of itself.
23) Poor lifestyle choices will OVERRIDE even the best training program in the world.
24) DON'T even think of adding resistance until you have learnt to manage your own bodyweight.
25) All the technology in the world can NEVER fully-replace the Human Presence & Touch - whether it's in the classroom, in the workplace, or even in the realm of exercise and personal training.
26) Seek Balance & Moderation - in all areas of life!
27) Keep Things SIMPLE - whether it's in training, eating, or even day-to-day living.
28) Prioritize Sleep, Rest & Recovery!
29) Learn to FORGIVE and FORGET.
30) Above all things, Trust in GOD.
|Chilling out with the kids|